Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Quick, Pretty Nails

I do love color on my nails. I prefer to do my nails myself, and sometimes I don't have the time to wait between coats and for drying. Then, there is the ravages of Shabbos prep—happily wielding my knives, my beautiful manicure can get sliced and diced.

I used to think that if I wasn't applying any color at all, then what would be the point of a clear, quick-drying topcoat? Ma used to encourage it, but my interest was not piqued. 

This past Erev Pesach, it seemed a shame to enter the holiday without tending to my ravaged nails at all. So I pushed back the cuticles following a shower, shaped them with my trusty glass file, and painted on two quick-drying, supposedly nail-strengthening topcoats. 

Oh, how pretty.

Huh. There is something to it. 

It doesn't take much time, and the steps can be broken up whenever one has a few minutes (glass files, I noticed, don't make loud, raspy noises like standard files, making them unobtrusive when on public transportation).  

Also, if they get chipped, no one can tell. Plus my nails seemed to crack less considering I spent first days primarily washing dishes.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd forgotten about your glass nail file rec from a few years ago! I remember at the time i wanted to try one out but never got around to it. I just added one to my Amazon shopping cart, so thanks for the reminder:)

Anonymous said...

Also, what brand top coat do you recommend??

Princess Lea said...

Someone in my office bought me a nail set last year by Ciate, that had two strengthening basecoats and a topcoat. I happened to have used their treatment along with the "gelology" topcoat, and my nails didn't crack for once.

I don't think I've found a topcoat I really love, though. Still on the search.