Wednesday, April 18, 2018

How to Begin

"Eating healthy" can be very confusing. As my brother-in-law dryly noted, many a recipe claims to be "healthy" when they are drowning in sugar, fat, and salt. 

Some people really don't know how to begin. My journey began at 17, when, for some reason, I decided to eat healthy. I started by cutting out most processed foods, and as the years passed I heard more, researched more, learned more, and numerous items were continuously dropped while others were added. 

And I still have a long way to go! Does anyone here know how to go to someone's Shabbos table, be a good guest, and not go home hating herself? Anyone? 
https://www.joyofkosher.com/.image/ar_16:9%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cg_faces:center%2Cq_80%2Cw_620/MTU0MDM3OTY4ODYyOTc5ODM1/shabbat-table.jpg
For a little education, here are a few articles: 

No comments: